Lolita Dark is a 5 piece female fronted bilingual rock band with roots in Southern California and Japan formed in 2012. Their sound weaves together lush harmonies, complex yet ear catching melodic structures in songs, crunching guitar riffs, and progressive bass lines that reflect both angst and optimism in an increasingly interconnected world of disconnected residents. The core of Lolita Dark is formed by Shibuya-born/US citizen singer/ songwriter / guitarist / multi-instrumentalist Rayko (Ray), Bassist Rain Balen, and Drummer Joey Felix who are also members of the Los Angeles rock band “Dig Jelly”, and Hokkaido born vocalist and keyboardist Kaoru Enjoji (K-Lu), and lead guitarist Patrick Cabrera. Upon release of their first album “Tokyo Status” in 2012, Lolita Dark made a debut at United Staes number 1 Japanese Pop Culture Convention called Anime Expo at Los Angeles Convention Center. While constantly selling out prestigious venues such as The Viper Room and House of Blues Lolita Dark has then consistently invited to perform as the guest of honor at various Anime Conventions state-wide. Lolita Dark was also chosen to perform as the opening act for the major label acts from Japan such as “D” (Avex, Universal Music), “Back On” (Avex), and “Heidi” at Pacific Media Expo (PMX) for three consecutive years. A large east coast convention known as Tekko 2014(PA), also chosen Lolita Dark to perform there and at The Hard Rock Cafe(PA) as the opening act for “Gacharic Spin”(Universal Music). Lolita Dark’s second album, “Queen’s Decade”, was released at Tekko 2014. With the sky rocketing popularity Lolita Dark was featured in the most popular Visual Kei fashion and music magazine called “Cure Magazine” June 2014 issue. http://cure-net.com which eventually lead to Lolita Dark for signing 5 year record contract with JCC Inc,. owned by Motoshi Natsuno, the CEO of Cure Magazine and Asia House. Lolita Dark also received a clothing sponsorship by popular United States brand “Doll Delight” (http://www.facebook.com/dolldelightpage) and “Rude Boy” (http://www.facebook.com/rudeboyforever) Rayko of Lolita Dark have successfully created a bi monthly scene called Tokyo Status in 2013. The airship themed event with it’s crew members dressed in pilots and stewardesses, has been quite successful from the initial departure. Tokyo Status is a virtual flight to the night life in Tokyo with live bands, DJs, fashion shows, cosplay contest, karaoke battle and more… Lolita Dark is currently in studio mixing their third CD for the worldwide launch while JCC Inc,. is working on Lolita Dark’s debut for the East Asia market. www.lolitadark.com Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, – lolitadarkmusic Reverbnation and Sound Cloud – lolitadark ShibuyaObsessions.com TokyoStatus.com
Join Kyoto renowned Urasenke tea ceremony master Takahashi Sokei and Chanoyu Urasenke as they return to host their famous tea ceremony at Anime California
3 lucky guests will join these masters on the stage, so knowing a little bit of Japanese and tea ceremony etiquette will help, but don’t fret, our hosts will teach you as you go! Upon the conclusion of this gorgeous ceremony, a few lucky audience members will have the same tea and ochagashi prepared for them
*Seating is limited, photography and videography is strictly prohibited
Come join us at the Anime California Maid Cafe! The theme this year is Eeveelutions! We would love to have you join us for tea (provided by our awesome sponsors, Turtletea!), desserts, and games! You wont want to miss out on all the fun, so make sure to get your tickets before they sell out- and meet our amazing maids!
Anime California’s Maid Café is proudly sponsored by Turtle Tea, one of the first esports tea lounge for the nerd community, featuring Anime, Movies, bomb shows, and streams
*You can find the registration link for session on the events page!
Have some old cosplays? Fabric? Maybe even some Dvd’s or figurines that you need to unload? You can do so at the swap meet on Thursday night, in the Platinum Lobby! Setup is from 6:00pm-7:00pm. Swap meet opens to the public at 7:00pm and closes at 1:00am and Half table spots will be $20
• After receiving information, Swap Meet will contact applicants via email with their decision.
• If selected, you will be given a registration code- you must register and pay for your table before the start of con.
• On Wednesday, August 26th, Swap meet staff will contact sellers to confirm if they are still selling in the Swap Meet. If there is no response, then it will be assumed that you are no longer able to/interested in selling, and your space will be given to the next person on the waiting list
• If selected, you will receive a half table (tables are 6×30)
Rules and Guidelines
• People selling in the Swap Meet must be 18 years of age.
• Sellers are permitted to sell adult materials, but the seller must verify government-issued IDs of all customers to ensure they are 18 years of age or older before they are allowed to look at adult materials. The sale of Adult goods to Minors is strictly prohibited.
• You must have all items with you when you check in. You will not be permitted to bring in additional goods after you have been escorted to your space at the Swap Meet.
• Taping or pinning items to the wall is strictly prohibited.
• Unlicensed, bootleg, or counterfeit goods are strictly prohibited (e.g. SM, Everanime, Aliors, Elfin, fansubs, etc.).
• Art commissions and the sale of personally created items at Swap Meet are prohibited (limited quantities of doujinshi and cosplay items excepted).
• Swap Meet staff has the final say on all goods permitted, and all items will be searched by Swap Meet staff before they are allowed into the Swap Meet- want to make sure that sellers are following the rules and that no one is trying to sneak something in
• The sale of all real weapons and explosives are prohibited. This includes but not limited to all projectile weapons (such as airsoft or bb/pellet guns, bows, crossbows, and firearms), live steel, metal/wooden baseball bats, metal kunai, incendiary devices, lasers, laser pointers, paddles, whips, floggers, brass knuckles, butterfly knives, concealed blades, throwing stars, tonfa, saps, clubs, nunchaku, sai, tessen, jitte, and metal or glass props. Additionally, any prop weapons which are suitably realistic enough that they could be mistaken for a real weapon are also prohibited.
• Anyone caught breaking the rules or causing problems for the staff, attendees, or other Swap Meet participants will be removed from the Swap Meet.
• Any questions regarding the interpretation of the rules above are subject to discretion of Anime California Swap Meet Staff
Good evening! Anime California is working hard to make sure that things run more smoothly for those of you with questions.
For those inquiring about any issues related to registration, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions pertaining to Vendors and Artist Alley, please, email: Vendors@animecalifornia.com
Thank you all!
Hello Anime Fans! We are excited you will be joining us at the second ever Anime California convention! We have news of a suite deal for you.
If you book your hotel room at the Anaheim Marriott, the official hotel for Anime California, you will win a chance for a free suite all to yourself for Anime California 2016!
Click here for room reservation information.
Make sure to book early at the Anaheim Marriott, as rooms will fill up and we are likely to be sold out of hotel rooms in just a few weeks.
See you at #AC2015!
Details: You must book your room in the Anime California room block during the regular room block open period. Make your reservation by calling the hotel directly or booking through our website, but ensure you are in the Anime California group room block to be entered. Room reservations that have already been made are eligible. Only reservations at the Anaheim Marriott are eligible.
Make sure to submit your applications to host a panel, workshop, lecture, or other event at the convention soon. The deadline for submissions is July 13th.
Click here to submit a panel or event.
See you at AC2015!
We are excited to share another voice actor announcement with the news that Vic Mignogna will be coming to our California anime convention!
You may know Vic in his roles as Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist or Tamaki in Ouran High School Host Club.
See more on the guests page.
Heading to Anime Expo? Anime California will be there, with exciting new updates! Find us (or we’ll find you!) and if you’ve already registered for Anime California 2015, or plan on registering, we’ll have an exclusive Anime California Neck Wallet/badge holder for you! Can’t wait to see all of you there!
Great news for Vendors and Artists on the wait list- the wait list is now open, and we have available dealer hall space! Please send an email to Vendors@animecalifornia.com to get your registration code!
TWEET AT US #AC2015Tweets by @AnimeCalifornia